Thursday 13 May 2010

End of an Era !









Can't believe four years of study is over!!! well not quite there is an MA looming :} Monday was a strange day hand in the final major project then move out of my lovely home and head down to Cambridge. New beginnings :) Over the past couple of weeks I have barely had time to think of anything other than printing, fingers crossed XXX
So what have I done since landing here in Cambridge?....
Well Tuesday I went to the Fitzwilliam Museum to see the Making Waves exhibition by Maggi Hambling they are impressive paintings of waves and you really get a sense of the power of the sea with the scale of them.
Wednesday the Vue Cinema to see the new Ridley Scott, Robin Hood film. Gorgeous costume and a refreshingly different take on the history of Robin Hood, loved it!!
Thursday wander around the shops there are a couple I need to post on here that are just yummy for handmade gifts. Today's is Callyco for fine fabrics and accessories http://www.callyco.com/ some really delightful prints as well as buttons, ribbons and clothkits.

Tomorrow I think I might pop down to Kettlesyard. I'll post more when I've been down but it's one of my favourite galleries with work by Ben Nicholson and Picasso.

2 comments:

  1. It does feel abit weird doesn't it! hope all is well in Cambridge :). See you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cambridge has be fab! Feels like a proper holiday with the sunshine :) See you in a weeks time XXX

    ReplyDelete